Medical Equipment & Devices
Other than sheer size, both in terms of population and geography the Indian market is quite heterogeneous; be it disease patterns, healthcare access or demographics. Companies selling to these diverse set of markets need to customize their solutions for each subset. Healthcare also presents a complex maze of diverse stakeholders; Promoter Owners, Physicians, CXOs, Referring Physicians, Biomedical Engineers, Insurance firms, Govt regulators and Patients. Each of these stakeholders is an influencer with starkly different set of requirements. It is imperative to address the needs of all stakeholders in this increasingly complex environment.
What We Do
We help Medical Equipment and Device companies create result oriented and implementable Go to Market Strategies. The strategy starts right from defining the product and mapping target segments to opportunity sizing and decoding drivers and barriers for multiple stakeholders in the product ecosystem. Our guided, but deliberately unstructured, approach to interviews, which are always conducted by our own in-house team members, has helped us capture behavioral nuances, arrive at rich and actionable insights and validate seemingly unrelated data. Here are some illustrative examples of work we have done:
- Market Entry Strategy for a New Disruptive Technology in Renal Treatment
- Market Entry Strategy & Business Modelling for introduction and growth of Robotic Surgery in India
- Go To Market Strategy & Business Modelling to ensure early adoption for a niche therapy in Orthopaedics
- Market Penetration & Retention Strategy to gain the lost competitive advantage in Cardiology
- Market Penetration Strategy to Unlock the India Growth Story in Laparoscopy
Customers who trust us
- I was impressed by Medium right from the time I read their analysis of Indian Medical Device Industry. Meeting their team reinforced my belief that we have found a suitable partner to expand our presence in emerging markets. It is evident that Medium has added considerable value by enabling Stryker to better understand the complex market and make an impact to patients and healthcare in India.
– Ram Rangarajan, Director, Stryker Global Technology Center
- The deep dive that Medium Healthcare Consulting did prior to making their strategic recommendations was akin to a reconnaissance exercise covering a wide swathe of stakeholders and geography. They examined and researched different aspects of the market including regional nuances. This helped us devise precise plans for our products in a highly competitive market and achieve results, which were better than what we had expected.
– Harish Lalchandani, Chief Marketing Officer, GE Healthcare, South Asia