Hospital marketing strategies
In today’s environment you have so much of competitive pressures on hospitals, all around the country, and now you also have increasing regulatory interventions. In addition, there is a growing trust deficit between the patient community and healthcare providers.
You talk about today’s patient who is a lot more demanding, a lot more discerning about what he or she expects from a healthcare provider and hospitals in this difficult scenario are struggling to increase their revenues.
Such a situation calls for an effective hospital marketing strategy to help increase the patient base in a sustainable manner. When we talk about hospital marketing and sales it is not just about smart planning, analyzing data, it is actually about execution because we think execution is what makes a massive difference, and which is why whenever we work on a hospital marketing project, we practically work as their own marketing department.
When we say hospital marketing, it encompasses a large number of things, it starts with understanding what your differentiation in relation to the target audience and with respect to the competition it is important for us to understand and define how are you different on a sustainable basis. We have helped our hospital clients with,
- Arriving at a Communication Strategy
- Media planning
- Digital marketing
- Leveraging PR
Why Medium Healthcare
We have helped hospitals achieve significantly superior financial performance through innovative hospital marketing ideas and our interventions. We help define high-impact hospital marketing strategies that offer an effective approach to enhance the patient experience, create a toolkit to improve process efficiencies and reduce costs. More importantly, our relentless focus on execution ensures that we deliver on-ground impact, and in a sustainable manner. Here are some illustrative examples of work done as part of the hospital marketing strategies implemented for our clients:
Being the preferred hospital marketing firm, we have helped in
- Defining and implementing a Marketing & Sales strategy for a large hospital group
- Improving Patient Experience with measurable and sustained results for a large multispecialty hospital in Eastern India
- Developing innovative healthcare delivery model, as a part of the growth strategy, for a leading healthcare services provider in Africa
- Define positioning strategy and develop the brand identity for a large not-for-profit hospital
- Performance Transformation for a large hospital group with a cumulative capacity of more than 1500 beds
Customers who trust us
- When it comes to execution, working with the client as their own team is an understatement. The fact that the Medium team does not restrict itself to any boundaries is amazing – be it any area of execution. Another aspect of tremendous value that Medium provides during execution is in protecting a project from hyperbole. Once the intent and the business model are decided, and only after thorough vetting, it takes a lot to stay the course and Medium ensures that through strong rationale at every point of planning and execution. Finally, the most valuable support that Medium provides during execution is keeping the end in sight. I have often heard at Medium that there is “no joy” prolonging the execution. There is a certain impatience at Medium in seeing that a project is operational and successful which has very often pushed our thinking ahead by a step or two from the present to the future.
– Tarun Siripurapu, The Birthplace
- Mr. ]alan is a pioneer in the healthcare marketing and is considered a ‘Guru’ by many in branding and marketing, who was behind the creation of some very well known health care brands. Interacting with him, I found him to have a very fertile mind with out-of-box ideas but always rooted to the ground with a practical approach. He helped us create the strategic marketing plan and also the brand identity for Aster Medcity, our 570 bed world-class flagship hospital at Kochi. I have found him getting very deeply involved with personal time commitment rather than delegating.
– Dr. Azad Moopen, Chairman, DM Healthcare
- The domain expertise that the team at Medium Healthcare Consulting brings to the table is phenomenal. In fact, as a first step, the kick off meeting with Medium helped us arrive at clear directions on the project and our requirements. The entire approach of shortlisting an opportunity area was extremely involved. It was an uphill task to come up with innovative healthcare models in a market like Kochi, models, which could be scalable but Medium undoubtedly exceeded our expectations. The entire blueprint of the shortlisted model was fairly detailed and ‘unique’. The report gave us clear insights on the business model as well as differentiators. It would certainly go a long way in helping us execute our flagship healthcare model.
– Mr Thomas Muthoot, Executive Director, Muthoot Fincorp
- I have always admired Ratan for his ability to build a great team and also bring perfection in whatever he does. He has successfully created two of the most innovative and enviable models for the Apollo Hospitals Group- the Apollo Clinic and the Cradle. The fact that many others are now trying to copy these models is a testimony to our pioneering status.
– Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Executive Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group