Hospitals today, more than ever, face unprecedented pressure on financial performance due to increasing regulatory interventions, growing trust deficit with the patient community and rising cost particularly when it comes to human resources. The scenario is no different for smaller single-specialty hospitals, or for not-for-profit entities. Hospitals need to define effective marketing strategy, focus on patient experience, create people-focused culture and equally importantly, ruthlessly manage cost without sacrificing the essentials.
What We Do
We help hospitals achieve significantly superior financial performance through a wide services portfolio. We help define high-impact marketing and sales strategies, offer effective approach to enhance patient experience, create a toolkit to improve process efficiencies and reduce costs. More importantly, our relentless focus on execution ensures that we deliver on-ground impact, and in a sustainable manner. Here are some illustrative examples of work we have done:
- Defining and implementing Marketing & Sales strategy for a large hospital group
- Improving Patient Experience with measurable and sustained results for a large multispecialty hospital in Eastern India
- Developing innovative healthcare delivery model, as a part of growth strategy, for a leading healthcare services provider in Africa
- Define positioning strategy and develop brand identify for a large not-for-profit hospital
- Performance Transformation for a large hospital group with a cumulative capacity of more than 1500 beds
Customers who trust us
- When it comes to execution, working with the client as their own team is an understatement. The fact that the Medium team does not restrict itself to any boundaries is amazing – be it any area of execution. Another aspect of tremendous value that Medium provides during execution is in protecting a project from hyperbole. Once the intent and the business model are decided, and only after thorough vetting, it takes a lot to stay the course and Medium ensures that through strong rationale at every point of planning and execution. Finally, the most valuable support that Medium provides during execution is keeping the end in sight. I have often heard at Medium that there is “no joy” prolonging the execution. There is a certain impatience at Medium in seeing that a project is operational and successful which has very often pushed our thinking ahead by a step or two from the present to the future.
– Tarun Siripurapu, The Birthplace
- Mr. ]alan is a pioneer in the healthcare marketing and is considered a ‘Guru’ by many in branding and marketing, who was behind the creation of some very well known health care brands. Interacting with him, I found him to have a very fertile mind with out-of-box ideas but always rooted to the ground with a practical approach. He helped us create the strategic marketing plan and also the brand identity for Aster Medcity, our 570 bed world-class flagship hospital at Kochi. I have found him getting very deeply involved with personal time commitment rather than delegating.
– Dr. Azad Moopen, Chairman, DM Healthcare
- The domain expertise that the team at Medium Healthcare Consulting brings to the table is phenomenal. In fact, as a first step, the kick off meeting with Medium helped us arrive at clear directions on the project and our requirements. The entire approach of shortlisting an opportunity area was extremely involved. It was an uphill task to come up with innovative healthcare models in a market like Kochi, models, which could be scalable but Medium undoubtedly exceeded our expectations. The entire blueprint of the shortlisted model was fairly detailed and ‘unique’. The report gave us clear insights on the business model as well as differentiators. It would certainly go a long way in helping us execute our flagship healthcare model.
– Mr Thomas Muthoot, Executive Director, Muthoot Fincorp
- I have always admired Ratan for his ability to build a great team and also bring perfection in whatever he does. He has successfully created two of the most innovative and enviable models for the Apollo Hospitals Group- the Apollo Clinic and the Cradle. The fact that many others are now trying to copy these models is a testimony to our pioneering status.
– Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Executive Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group